The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Level 1 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
* Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
* Debug existing software and correct defects
* Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
* Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
* Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
* Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
* Write or review software and system documentation
* Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
* Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
* Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
* Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
* Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
* Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
* Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
*Must have a TS/SCI with appropriate polygraph clearance
* Seven (7) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.