INNOPLEX is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business dedicated to making a difference in the world. We celebrate the importance of the work our employees perform and strive to hire individuals that value loyalty, integrity, respect, and honesty. This cultural fabric enables us to foster a high performing team in a family-like environment. Come join us!
Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues. Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment. Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements. Conduct site surveys. Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages. Organize and direct hardware installations. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment. Prepare site installation and test reports. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements. Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies. Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
The Level 2 Hardware Engineer (HE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
- Ensure that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Conduct site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site unique requirements
- Develop hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines
- Train site personnel in proper use of hardware
- Recommend specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Prepare engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages
- Prepare drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site
- Prepare site installation and test reports
- Configure computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Prepare installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Organize and directs hardware installations across multiple sites
- Design and verify test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases
- Analyze and recommend hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware
- Assist with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers
- Prepare Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses
- Analyze operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Ten (10) years of experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT solutions is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has won numerous awards for Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 100 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.