INNOPLEX is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business dedicated to making a difference in the world. We celebrate the importance of the work our employees perform and strive to hire individuals that value loyalty, integrity, respect, and honesty. This cultural fabric enables us to foster a high performing team in a family-like environment. Come join us!
The System Engineer will: analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, Government overseers, and senior executives.
The Level 0 System Engineer (SE) shall possess the following capabilities:
Current & active TS/SCI clearance with appropriate polygraph
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
- No demonstrated experience is required
- To substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree, five (5) years of additional experience as a System Engineer may be supplemented
- Two (2) years of experience using the Linux, Unix, Windows, or Cisco OS operating system
- One (1) year experience with standard Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- One (1) year experience performing systems engineering of a messaging service (Java Messaging Service, TIBCO, ActiveMQ, Artemis, Kafka)
- One (1) year experience using tracking tools (Redmine, Jira, etc.)
- IAM Level I Certifications (CAP, CND, Cloud+, GSLC, Security+ CE)
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission focused and family-oriented company supporting global customers in the intel and defense community. Established in 2005, we have over 140 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our headquarters are in Columbia MD with employees delivering mission results across the US. INNOPLEX delivers innovative solutions in the areas of high-performance software engineering, IT operations, cloud infrastructure, national to tactical systems engineering, and cyber and signals analysis.