This opportunity supports an Enterprise IT contract with a team of 70+ engineers responsible for the architecture, engineering, integration, operations, maintenance and sustainment of a world-wide multi-level / multiple classification Enterprise IT environment enabling collaboration between the US and partners and the DoD IC. This Enterprise architecture serves as a gateway for the deployment of new network, enterprise software, and SIGINT applications into a custom global collaboration environment. Cross domain security, user access controls and continuous monitoring are critical to the success of the program.
Our team has an opportunity for a System Architect on our prime program. As a leader you will bring vision, innovation, and passion for solving unique problems that protects our nation daily. Our leaders have experience with advanced technologies, collaboration, and moving ideas from requirements to implementation. They drive technical decisions, architectural design discussions, systems integration, and solve complex problems. They use their deep experience leading advancements in technology, which may be at a project or organizational level, to influence technical direction. These leaders know how to interpret customer leadership guidance and direction, and translate it into actionable plans, requirements, and strategies. They have proven experience delegating resources and tasks, and transforming ideas into operational capabilities and lead by example.
- Analyze recommended hardware, software, and data architecture solution that can be integrated to meet customer mission requirements, performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Ensure compliance with architectural standards, security regulations and approved architectures for Enterprise IT systems.
- Improve and optimize overall architecture, system capacity, service redundancy and system performance
- Develop and maintain documentation, including architectural diagrams, technical specifications, and standards, to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans, system integration and test plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and define IT strategies and solutions that meet those requirements.
- Design and document system architectures, including hardware, software, networks, and integration points, ensuring consistency, scalability, and security.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technology platforms, frameworks, and tools that align with the architectural vision and meet business objectives.
- The lead must be an effective communicator interacting with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Will ultimately be responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- The ideal candidate has excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, and possesses the following knowledge and experience:
- Uses innovative approaches to solve complex problems
- Uses innovative approaches to solve complex problems
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, effective communicator, excellent presenter and able to prioritize across multiple assignments
- Motivates others to reach team goals
- Establishes trust at multiple levels by communicating via “technical jargon” with their teams, and translating those solutions for Senior Leadership understanding
- Active TS/SCI with appropriate Poly Clearance
- Candidate must have Security + CE Certification
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Twenty (20) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. Only one (1) year of total experience is required in the Federal Government.
- Individual will be required to install, configure, test and maintain an IT Infrastructure for various disparate classification domains. These infrastructures include legacy and next generation configurations.
- Experience in implementing new data centers standards for new data centers and retrofit existing data center infrastructures.
- Understanding of networking protocols, setup and troubleshooting to include Cisco routing and switching devices, Cisco Firewalls, HPE Server Hardware and switching technology
- Experience in designing and supporting virtualized datacenter based on VMWare ESXi. Nutanix experience is a plus, not required.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise systems, infrastructure components, and networking technologies.
- Knowledge of ABAC
- Knowledge in performing schema changes to MS AD and LD
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in evaluating and selecting technology platforms and tools based on business needs and architectural requirements.
- Proficient at scripting such as Python/Bash/YAML/Powershell/C++/VBS
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.